After 24 hours of travel, I arrived in Fortaleza at 2:30am local time (5:30am GMT) this morning.
Some excitement in Rio airport - fog in London delayed my flight's departure, so I arrived in Rio an hour and a quarter late. This left just over an hour to make my connection to Fortaleza - which included clearing immigration, picking up my luggage, and rechecking it.
After picking up my luggage and clearing customs, I sprinted from Rio terminal 1 to terminal 2, and made it to the check in desk about 25 minutes before my flight was due to take off. An anxious moment while the airline staff phoned to see if I could join the flight - and I was able too ! They held the shuttle bus to the plane for me, and we took off on time. My luggage arrived safe and sound too. Many thanks to the helpful airline and airport staff in Rio.
The team hotel in Fortaleza is by the seafront. It's hot - currently 28 degrees, and 74% humidity.
A picture of the view from my room:
Going to go and meet some of my fellow CSC #7 team members now.
#csc brazil #csc17